Q & A

Can my parents submit an entry for me if I am busy?

Ugh…No! We only welcome submissions from our bright, talented admitted students.

What if I am not sure where I plan to attend college this coming fall?

That’s okay – we welcome submissions from our admitted students. If you win the $500 award but do not attend URI this Fall 2018, we will be sad. We will also keep our $500 scholarship award as it is only awarded if you attend URI.

Can I submit more than one entry?

No, only one brilliant submission is allowed per admitted student per contest.

Can I go over 500 words?  I have so much to say!

You can, but you will be disqualified.  500 words or fewer please!

When will I hear if I win?  How will I know I won?

The committee plans to announce the winner(s) by the end of March.  Winners will be called, emailed and celebrated on #Rhodybound

What happens if I win?

We will celebrate your awesome accomplishment, share your great ideas with the world, and ask you for a fun picture to show you off!

How is the $500 awarded?

A $500 Rhody Bound Ram Grant will be posted to your Fall 2018 URI account.

Who decides who wins?

A special secret #RhodyBound scholarship committee that consists of current URI student Sarah Alves and a few members of our community will decide your fate!

How many winners will there be?

There will be at least one winner per contest. The committee reserves the right to choose more than one winner if we like more than one entry.  Therefore – Think Big and have fun with this contest.

What will URI do with my amazing, winning submission?

Our plan is to share your great idea with our URI community and look to develop new courses.

Do I have to use citations?

If you are using someone’s facts and figures that are not your own, please be sure to use the proper APA citation. For example, according to Rhody Ram (2018), this year’s applicant pool will exceed 22,000 applications and will be the most talented pool of applicants in URI’s history (true fact by the way).  You do not have to submit a bibliography.

Think Big We Do